A key step to personal growth and development is learning from your network and from those with experience of tackling the challenges you are currently facing. Take some time to invest in your personal growth and listen to Nick Stephens, Executive Chairman at The RSA Group, in discussion with Roy Sheppard on behalf of The Corporate Governance Institute.
Nick shares his insights on how ambitious executives around the world can better position themselves as effective board members. He covers a wide range of topics including:
- The factors that lead to ineffective boards
- The components that make for an effective board
- The director skills lacking among candidates who might have superb academic qualifications
- Data-driven methods to build and develop boards
- The UK’s updated Governance Code and its approach to corporate governance
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- What makes an effective non-executive director
- The skills in high demand from NEDs
- What makes an effective Chair
- How vital the relationship is between the CEO and the Chair
- The key issues facing UK boards as companies emerge from the pandemic
Watch the full interview here:
For more insights from incredible leaders, have a read of our Inspiring Leaders blog series.
Get in touch to learn more about how we can work with you today.